• Any government employee, from chief secretary to village guard, who gets any salary or facility from government; should be directly called as SERVANT (SEVAK) in place of Officer. It should be compulsory in all name plates, all documents and in all types of conversations.
(It is contradictory that people take oath as we are servants of public of India but they behave as master of public of India and are called Officers and Lords. For example, in some states, District Collectors are being called as JILADHISH, it means owner of district. It is undemocratic and violation of fundamental values of a Democratic Constitution.)
• Indian Administration Services should be called as Indian Public Facilitation Services.
(It was called as Indian Civil Services, ICS, and after Independence it was changed to Indian Administration Services, IAS. The term “Civil” is better than “Administration”. But Name was changed to show changes though Basic Characteristics, Rules and Attitudes were not changed. In a valued democracy, Governments and their structures are for public facilitations not to rule on them.)
• There is a demand in India for ‘Right to Recall’ for public representatives from Parliament, Assemblies, Pachayats etc. There should be another high priority demand for Public Rights on government employees. Public should have direct and open rights to monitor any government employee and should have direct and open rights to dismiss or suspend or punish or remark in character-service book to any direct or indirect government employee or department or structure. Public of India should also have rights for social audit of any government department or structure.
(In a democracy, Government means representative of people. Because large numbers of people cannot sit to make decisions for each thing, issues, and for routine things thus systems of representations were evolved in history of human society and democratic systems came in existence. Representations does not mean ownership or mastership. Representatives make policies for betterment of people and people provide them assets and money collectively (known as taxes). Government employees can never be masters or owners or superior than common people of a democracy because they are employed by
people of democracy to serve people thus if people should have rights to call back their representatives then people must have rights to monitor/suspend/ dismiss/others for government employees. In India, there are too many holes in execution and policy making systems those violate Democratic Values like Government officers are superior than Public & Public Representatives.)
• All National/Regional/Local policies including- Judiciary, Education, Health, Development, Commerce & Finance and Others should be strictly verified by people of India as final and last authority. Local Public Representative Bodies should be final authority to form policy for themselves and government machineries are for execute them.
(If governments have not capacities/abilities to arrange direct & open systems for verifications then they should not have rights of formations, executions and implementations of policies. India is a country of social and geometric diversities and cannot be understood by reading few lines of text books to qualify examinations to become Administrator and Policy Maker of public of India. Governments represent common people thus they cannot act as rulers and masters of People of India. Because governments make policies and work for welfare of People of India thus People of India should have final rights of verifications of policies. It is commonly said that common people do not know betterment of them and do not understand things. Parliament and Assemblies are highest authorities for policy makings and representatives are elected by common people on behalf of them, if common people can decide their representatives then they should have rights of verifications of works of their representatives. People should have fundamental rights to verify policies, decisions, rules and etc which are being made for them and on behalf of them.)
• National/State Budgets are finalized by closed & centralized powers without being verified by Local Societies. How can big financial groups, high level secretaries and centralized political powers be Social Accountable without having ground understandings of Local Communities/Societies? How very small groups can decide for millions of time bigger groups without any verification or concern? These nonsocial, non-accountable and non-democratic processes should be changed in public accountable systems. Budget should be verified by Local Social Systems and government machineries should execute the decisions of Local Social Systems.
(In many decades after Independence, it has been understood that there are big holes in governance systems of India. Things are being worser and moving towards unaccountability increasingly. Thus, policies should be verified by people of India. An open and easy verification structure/system should be formed to get active participations of people of India to empower Democracy to stop violations of fundamental values of Democracy.)
• All governance systems i.e.- Parliament, Assemblies, Panchayats, Execution Systems, Judiciary Systems etc should be converted into direct-open-public-facility-management systems from centralized-closed controlled-administrative ruling systems and should be made direct accountable to the People of India.
Proposed & Written By-
Er Vivek Umrao Glendenning
First Draft was written in April, 2006